In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mole-spiced beef and potatoes with broccoli and green romesco salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Our mole spice blend is locked and loaded with ancho chile powder, garlic, cocoa powder, paprika, and cinnamon. Just toss these sweet-smoky flavors with your choice of protein…and holy mole!
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic white onion
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- Sunbasket green romesco (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - cilantro - garlic - kosher salt)
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket mole poblano spice blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
Calories 500, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes and onions
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the onion; set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] for the broccoli salad.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add all except ¼ cup [½ cup] onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is lightly browned and the potatoes are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the potatoes and onion are cooking, make the broccoli salad.
Make the broccoli and green romesco salad
- Separate the broccoli crowns from the thick stems; cut the crowns into ¼-inch florets. Peel any thick outer layer from the separated stems; thinly slice the stems crosswise.
- Core and coarsely chop the apple.
In a medium bowl, stir together the green romesco, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, and 1 to 2 teaspoons water; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli florets and stems, apple, and remaining sliced onion and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken breasts or pork loin chops: Pat the meat dry with a paper towel; cut into 1-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein; finish the dish
In the same pan used for the potatoes and onion, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken and 3 to 4 minutes for chicken.
Stir in the potatoes, onion, and mole poblano spice blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer your protein, potatoes, and broccoli and green romesco salad to individual bowls and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the salad.
- Time the cooking.