In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mongolian beef and spinach stir-fry over rice
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
In this gluten-free, Mongolian-inspired stir-fry, tender beef strips are tossed in a tangy-sweet sauce and served atop fluffy rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket Mongolian stir-fry base (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 660, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 1280mg (53% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Tenderize the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the steak tenderizes, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 1-inch lengths, keeping the white and green parts separate.
Sear the steak
- Rinse the steak thoroughly under cold water to remove the baking soda; drain well. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the stir-fry
Add the steak and any accumulated juices and green parts of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the steak is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice and stir-fry.
- Measure the onion.