In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mongolian beef and vegetable stir-fry with fresh ramen
Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Better than takeout (and faster too!), this customizable stir-fry features our sweet and savory Mongolian sauce with crisp veggies and your choice of protein.
In your bag
- 6 ounces Moon Noodles fresh ramen
- Your choice of protein
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket Mongolian sauce base (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - brown sugar - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 560, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 880mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 61g (22% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil. Stir in the ramen and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the water is heating and the ramen is cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Start cooking your protein
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes for shrimp; 2 to 4 minutes for steak or pork; and 3 to 5 minutes for chicken, tofu, or plant-based chicken. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While your protein is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stir-fry
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut the white and light green parts into 2-inch lengths; thinly slice the dark green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the broccoli and scallion pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add your protein and any accumulated juices, Mongolian sauce base, carrots, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water, adding more water for a thinner sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes for shrimp and 2 to 4 minutes for all other proteins. Remove from the heat, stir in the ramen, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer your protein, vegetables, and ramen to individual bowls. Garnish with the thinly sliced scallions and serve.
- Time the ramen.
- Measure the water for the stir-fry.
- Garnish with the scallions.