In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mongolian beef and vegetable stir-fry with fresh ramen
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Better than takeout (and faster too!), this classic beef and veggie stir-fry features our custom umami-rich blend that’s fragrant with garlic.
In your bag
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket Mongolian stir-fry sauce base (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - brown sugar - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
If making this dish for four people, cook the steak strips in two batches, adding more oil to the pan between batches if needed.
The term stir-fry was first used in 1945, in the cookbook How to Cook and Eat in Chinese by Buwei Yang Chao. Her description of the Chinese technique is a memorable one: “Roughly speaking, ch’ao may be defined as a big-fire-shallow-fat-continually-stirring-quick-frying of cut-up material with wet seasoning. We shall call it ‘stir-fry’ or ‘stir’ for short.”
Calories: 580, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the steak.
Prep and brown the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the stir-fry
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut the white and light green parts into 2-inch lengths; thinly slice the dark green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
Remove from the heat, stir in the ramen, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the ramen.
- Measure the water for the stir-fry.
- Garnish with the scallions.