In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Montreal steaks with green goddess chopped salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Sink your teeth into juicy Montreal steaks seasoned with an ingenious blend of garlic, coriander, paprika, and dill. A refreshing chopped salad is the perfect pairing.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 organic New York strips (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Montreal steak seasoning (granulated garlic - onion powder - coriander - sweet paprika - dried dill)
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 or 2 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 410, Total Fat 24g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 360mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 16g (5% DV), Fiber 6g (24% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the Montreal steak seasoning.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For top sirloins:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Make the green goddess chopped salad
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Coarsely chop the carrots.
- Finely chop the radishes.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, radishes, half the cilantro, and half the green goddess dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and as much of the remaining dressing as you like.
Transfer the steaks and green goddess chopped salad to individual plates and sprinkle the salad with the pumpkin seeds. Garnish the dish with the remaining cilantro and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Time the steaks.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Assemble the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with the pumpkin seeds.
- Garnish with the cilantro.