In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan chicken with carrots, snap peas, and spicy green harissa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Ras el hanout is the stuff of legend. Made from the finest spices, this colorful, warm, and intoxicating blend transforms ordinary veggies into a treat for the senses.
In your bag
- 3 organic carrots
- 1 organic red onion
- 1½ teaspoons ras el hanout
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap peas
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 480, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, ras el hanout, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand while you prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown and soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onion and sugar snap peas, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften and the snap peas are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken and vegetables to individual plates. Drizzle the chicken with as much green harissa as you like and serve any remaining harissa on the side.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the onion.
- Combine the carrots, oil, and seasonings.
- Measure the oil for the chicken and vegetables.