In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan chicken in chraime sauce with sweet potato mash
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
In this North African–inspired dish, we simmer chicken thighs in our fragrant chraime sauce, a velvety blend of tomatoes and warming spices.
In your bag
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sun Basket chraime spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 510, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 62g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Make the chraime sauce; finish the chicken
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Nestle the chicken into the sauce and simmer until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.