Marrakech chicken wings with sesame–bok choy slaw and cashews

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Marrakech chicken wings with sesame–bok choy slaw and cashews

Customer Favorite

Marrakech chicken wings with sesame–bok choy slaw and cashews

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving

35–50 Minutes

These bold, paleo chicken wings are rubbed with a potent mix of citrusy sumac and the fragrant Moroccan spice blend, ras el hanout.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 1¼ pounds chicken wings
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • Moroccan spice blend (ras el hanout - sumac - granulated garlic - black pepper)
  • 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
  • 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
  • ¼ cup cashews
  • ¼ pound shredded carrots
  • Sesame dressing (coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
  • 1 lime
  • 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil

Nutrition per serving

Calories 620, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 185mg (62% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Tree Nuts

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep and roast the chicken wings

Heat the oven to 450°F.
  • Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a small sauce pot over medium heat, warm the coconut oil until hot but not smoking.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the coconut oil and Moroccan spice blend until evenly coated. On a sheet pan, spread the chicken wings in an even layer and roast, flipping once halfway through, until the skin is browned and the wings are cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
While the wings roast, prepare the slaw.


Make the slaw

  • Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick strips.
  • Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
  • Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
In another large bowl, toss together the bok choy, radishes, cashews, carrots, and sesame dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the wings are almost done, prepare the garnishes.


Prep the garnishes

  • Cut the lime into wedges.
  • If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro.


Transfer the chicken wings and slaw to individual plates, garnish with the cilantro, and serve with the lime wedges.
Kids Can!
  • Crush the cashews.
  • Toss the slaw.
  • Garnish with the cilantro.