In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan chicken with cauliflower “rice” and warm carrot salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
For a fast veggie-rich, Moroccan-inspired dish, we toss lightly spiced chicken breast strips with a warm carrot-raisin salad and serve everything over cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces organic baby carrots
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Sunbasket honey-ginger glaze (honey - granulated garlic - ground ginger)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted Marcona almonds
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket Moroccan spice blend (coriander - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
Calories 640, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 7g Added Sugars, 14% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start the carrot salad.
Make the warm carrot salad
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
While the carrots and onion cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Toss the chicken with the Moroccan spice blend and season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the almonds and parsley.