In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan chicken with cauliflower “rice” and warm carrot salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
For a fast veggie-rich, Moroccan-inspired dish, we toss lightly spiced chicken breast strips with a warm carrot-raisin salad and serve everything over cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces organic baby carrots
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Sun Basket honey-ginger glaze (honey - granulated garlic - ground ginger)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted Marcona almonds
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sun Basket Moroccan spice blend (coriander - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
Calories: 640, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start the carrot salad.
Make the warm carrot salad
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
While the carrots and onion cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Toss the chicken with the Moroccan spice blend and season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the almonds and parsley.