In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan chickpea and chard stew with basmati rice
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Fragrant Moroccan spices punch up our vegetarian, gluten-free stew, delicious over cilantro-avocado rice. Make the stew ahead for an even faster dinner the next day.
In your bag
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 bunch chard (about ½ pound)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chickpea spice blend (granulated garlic - ground coriander - ground cumin)
- 1¼ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 avocado
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon sumac
Calories 660, Total Fat 31g (48% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 410mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 79g (26% DV), Fiber 16g (64% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 18g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Cook the stew
Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the stew is thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Working in batches if needed,stir in the chard leaves (they will wilt from the residual heat).
When the stew is almost done, prepare the remaining ingredients and finish the rice.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the rice
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.