In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan lamb tagine with artichokes, tomato-poached eggs, and couscous
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Spicy
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Known as kefta mkaouara, this Moroccan-inspired tagine of lamb meatballs and poached eggs simmered in tomato sauce makes a richly spiced, flavorful dish fun and accessible.
In your bag
- ½ cup couscous
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon baharat
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 2 organic eggs
Calories: 690, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 225mg (75% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 63g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the couscous cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Make the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
While the meatballs brown, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; cook the tagine
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the artichoke heart quarters in half lengthwise.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the water for the couscous.
- Time the couscous.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.