In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan root vegetable and chickpea tagine with almonds and raisins
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Big, bold flavors are coming your way. Our Moroccan tagine picks up aromatic spices, golden raisins, and briny olives for the perfect balance of sweet-savory notes.
In your bag
- ¾ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 1 organic turnip
- 2 or 3 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sunbasket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
Calories 570, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 87g (32% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Cook the tagine
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes, turnip, and carrots, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and tagine spice blend and cook until fragrant and the tomato paste is caramelized, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas, raisins, and 1½ cups [2¼ cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the tagine is cooking, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
When the tagine has finished cooking, sprinkle it with the almonds and olives.
Set out the tagine and invite everyone to serve themselves.
- Scrub the turnips, potatoes, and carrots.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Measure the water for the tagine.
- Time the cooking.
- Sprinkle the tagine with almonds and olives.