In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan root vegetable and chickpea tagine with roasted almonds and golden raisins
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This one-pan vegan dish gets big, bold flavor from aromatic Moroccan spices, bringing sweet and savory into perfect harmony.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 turnips or other root vegetables (about ¾ pound total; see Market Watch note)
- ¾ pound new or waxy potatoes such as red or Yukon Gold
- 2 or 3 carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sunbasket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ pound baby greens such as spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 610, Protein: 15g (30% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 104g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 35g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the turnips and trim the ends; cut the turnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Cook the tagine
Working in batches if needed, stir in the greens and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the tagine cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; thinly slice the peel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Scrub the turnips, potatoes, and carrots.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish the tagine.