In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan sheet pan chicken and roasted sweet potato with kale salad
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Lean & Clean, Protein Plus, Paleo
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
While the chicken and sweet potato roast away, toss earthy kale with a tangy tamarind dressing, and before you know it, you’ve got a Moroccan-inspired meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic red onion
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- Sunbasket Moroccan spice blend (coriander - cumin - allspice - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket tamarind glaze (tamarind puree - honey - garlic - baharat)
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale
Calories 470, Total Fat 23g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 125mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 42g (14% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 29g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables and chicken
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick slices. On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the sweet potato and onion with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the chicken with 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] oil; season with salt and pepper and the Moroccan spice blend.
Roast, stirring the vegetables and turning the chicken halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the kale salad
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the tamarind glaze, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, add the kale and toss with as much dressing as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale salad and sweet potato and onion to individual plates. Top the vegetables with the chicken and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Toss the sweet potato and onion with oil and season.
- Juice the lemon.
- Make the dressing; assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to plates.