In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan-spiced chicken skewers with pepper and tomato salad
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
North African spices infuse earthy flavors into these chicken skewers, served alongside a fresh take on a traditional Moroccan salad.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket smoky sumac spice rub (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Wooden skewers
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories: 390, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 230mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces; season generously with salt and rub all over with the smoky sumac spice rub. Let stand while you prepare the salad.
Start the pepper and tomato salad
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Skewer and cook the chicken
- Using 4  wooden skewers, thread the chicken onto the skewers, dividing the pieces evenly and placing them close together.
Finish the salad
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Measure the water for the pepper mixture.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the mint into the salad.
- Garnish with the remaining mint.