In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan-spiced filet mignons with roasted vegetables and chermoula
Paleo, Mediterranean, Spicy, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
We’re mixing and matching spices to phenomenal effect. Here we roast asparagus and fennel with Middle Eastern zhug spices and season filet mignons with Moroccan ras el hanout.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 3 or 4 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket zhug spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - cayenne - cloves)
- Steak options:
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- Sunbasket chermoula (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lime juice - cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories: 570, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Finely chop the garlic.
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], drizzle the asparagus, fennel, and garlic with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and the zhug spice blend and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and crisp-tender, 14 to 16 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the ras el hanout.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Zest the lemon; cut the lemon into wedges. [Zest 1 lemon; cut the lemon into wedges. Save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
Transfer the steaks and roasted vegetables to individual plates. Sprinkle the vegetables with the lemon zest and cashews and drizzle with the chermoula. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Drizzle the vegetables with oil.
- Time the cooking.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish the vegetables.