In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan-style shrimp with chermoula and white bean salad
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
A fresh herb sauce, like our house-made North African chermoula, turns a fast, simple, and summery gluten-free shrimp dish into something that’s dinner-party ready.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 organic lemon
- Sun Basket chermoula (EVOO - fresh parsley - fresh lime juice - fresh cilantro - coriander - cumin - kosher salt)
To stretch the chermoula further (and to ensure you have leftovers), stir in a little water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to thin the sauce, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Thread the shrimp or scallops onto skewers, making sure the shrimp are facing the same way or the flat sides of the scallops are facing out. Set the skewers on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until lightly charred and just opaque within, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 560, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 41g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp cook, prepare the white bean salad.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the white bean salad.
Make the white bean salad
- Rinse the white beans.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into enough thin slices to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Zest the lemon and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the white bean salad.
- Drizzle the chermoula.