In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mrs. Scorsese's lemon chicken
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
This meal is a collaboration between Sunbasket and Rustic, the Sonoma County restaurant of film legend Francis Ford Coppola. One of our favorite recipes at Rustic is the lemon chicken inspired by Martin Scorsese’s mother, whom Francis visited with often. The chicken is drowned in lemon juice with fresh oregano, and cooked to a golden brown.
In your bag
- ¾ pound new potatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- ½ pound baby broccoli
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories: 520, Protein: 38 g, Total Fat: 23 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 115 mg, Carbohydrates: 44 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar (Chicken broth has trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 0 g, Sodium: 700 mg
Wash produce before use
Roast the potatoes and baby broccoli
- Scrub the potatoes; cut them into quarters.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the ends from the baby broccoli.
While the vegetables roast, start cooking the chicken.
Brown the chicken and lemon slices
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice half the lemon; juice half and set aside for finishing the dish.
Add the lemon slices to the pan; cook until browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the chicken; do not clean the pan.
While the chicken and lemon brown, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves
Finish the chicken