In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mu shu lettuce cups with braised tofu and wood ear mushrooms
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Recycle your takeout menus: our fast, easy vegan spin on a Chinese-American classic comes with our house-made hoisin, a sweet-tart Asian barbecue sauce.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried wood ear mushrooms
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 3 organic scallions
- 5 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket hoisin (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
Calories 520, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 810mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the tofu.
Prep and brown the tofu
- Crumble or cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
Prep the vegetables; cook the mu shu ingredients
- Drain and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
Add the tofu, mushrooms, and stir-fry blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms start to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the mu shu ingredients cook, prepare the lettuce and cilantro.
Prep the lettuce and cilantro
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Line a plate with paper towels.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Help assemble the lettuce cups.