Mu shu pork
Recycle your take-out menus: our fast, easy spin on a Chinese-American classic comes with our house-made hoisin, a sweet-tart Asian BBQ sauce.
In your bag
- 10 Mandarin pancakes
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 10 ounces boneless pork strips
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- Sun Basket hoisin (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
According to food historian Carolyn Phillips, this dish is beloved throughout northern China, where it is known by many names, including muxi rou, which means “osmanthus blossom pork.” It only became known as “mu shu pork” after it gained popularity in the West.
Calories: 760, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 1200mg (50% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (molasses): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.