In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mu shu pork
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Recycle your take-out menus: our fast, easy spin on a Chinese-American classic comes with our house-made hoisin, a sweet-tart Asian BBQ sauce.
In your bag
- 10 Mandarin pancakes
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 10 ounces boneless pork strips
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- Sun Basket hoisin (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
According to food historian Carolyn Phillips, this dish is beloved throughout northern China, where it is known by many names, including muxi rou, which means “osmanthus blossom pork.” It only became known as “mu shu pork” after it gained popularity in the West.
Calories: 760, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 1200mg (50% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (molasses): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the pancakes; soak the mushrooms
- Remove 8  Mandarin pancakes from the package; save the rest for another use. Let the pancakes come to room temperature.
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Cut a small corner from the pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Drain the mushrooms; discard the stems and thinly slice the caps.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pork
- Count the Mandarin pancakes.
- Cover the mushrooms with water.
- Time the mushrooms.
- Help assemble the pancakes.