In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mughlai vegetable biryani with soft-cooked eggs
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Seasoned with a plethora of warming spices, this fragrant vegetarian rice is topped with crunchy cashews and soft-boiled eggs for a luxurious finish.
In your bag
- ¾ cup quick-cooking long-grain brown rice
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 organic carrots
- Sunbasket biryani spice blend (turmeric - cardamom - coriander - cumin - garam masala - Aleppo chile flakes - nutmeg)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ½ cup peas
Calories 590, Total Fat 16g (25% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 450mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 94g (31% DV), Fiber 15g (60% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the rice; prepare the vegetables
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice and enough water to cover by 1 inch; set aside.
- Cut enough cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks, to measure 2 cups [4 cups]; save the remaining cauliflower for another use.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the biryani
- Drain and rinse the rice.
Add the carrots, vegetable broth, and ¾ cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
While the biryani cooks, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the biryani
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Soak and drain the rice.
- Measure the cauliflower and onion.
- Peel the eggs.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves.