In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Musakhan chicken wraps with pickled carrots and tzatziki
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
These easy, kid-friendly wraps feature Middle Eastern chicken marinated in fragrant spices, currants, and pine nuts and topped with tangy tzatziki.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Musakhan spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - allspice)
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 lavash flatbreads
- ¼ pound mixed greens
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 57g (21% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chicken marinates, make the pickled carrots and the tzatziki.
Pickle the carrots
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, cut each half into long strips, and then coarsely chop the strips.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Cook the onion and chicken
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
While the chicken cooks, heat the lavash.
Warm the lavash
Assemble the wraps
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir together the tzatziki.
- Brush the lavash with oil.
- Assemble and roll up their own wraps.
- Serve the meal.