Musakhan chicken wraps with pickled carrots and tzatziki
25 – 35 Minutes
These easy Middle Eastern wraps are filled with chicken marinated in fragrant spices, currants, and pine nuts and topped with tangy tzatziki.
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Musakhan spice blend (sumac - smoked paprika - allspice)
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 lavash flatbreads
- ¼ pound mixed greens
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
For a silkier tzatziki, in Step 3, instead of coarsely chopping the peeled cucumber, grate it using the large holes on a box grater.
Marinate the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chicken marinates, make the pickled carrots and the tzatziki.
Pickle the carrots
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then into long strips and coarsely chop.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Cook the onion and chicken
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
While the chicken cooks, heat the lavash.
Warm the lavash
Assemble the wraps
- Stir the pickled carrots.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir together the tzatziki.
- Brush the lavash with oil.
- Assemble and roll up their own wraps.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 57g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars (Honey): 6g (12% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat.