In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Musakhan chicken wraps with pickled carrots and lemon-dill yogurt
Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
These easy Middle Eastern main-course wraps hold chicken marinated with fragrant spices and topped with a cooling yogurt sauce.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket smoky sumac spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket lemon-dill yogurt (Greek yogurt - lemon juice - dried dill)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 530, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 58g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips.
Pickle the carrots; finish the yogurt
- Juice the lime.
In a small bowl, season the lemon-dill yogurt to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the shallots and chicken
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Add the currants and ¼ cup [½ cup] water, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the sauce is thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat the lavash.
Toast the lavash; assemble the wraps
Arrange the lavash on a cutting board. Spoon the chicken mixture along one side of the lavash and top with the mixed greens and pickled carrots. Roll each lavash into a wrap. Cut the wraps in half crosswise.
- Juice the lime.
- Pickle the carrots.
- Season the lemon-dill yogurt.
- Measure the shallots.
- Help assemble the wraps.