In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom-bean tostadas with scrambled eggs and Puerto Rican salsa
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
A staple of Puerto Rico, pique hot sauce is the inspiration behind the knockout salsa atop these earthy, umami-rich tostadas, great for entertaining.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 green or red fresh chile such as jalapeño or serrano (optional)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 3½ ounces maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 5 or 6 radishes (about 5 ounces total)
- ¼ pound grape or cherry tomatoes
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
Calories: 630, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the salsa base
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]; set aside half for the mushroom-bean mixture.
- If using the fresh chile, cut the chile in half lengthwise and remove the stem, ribs, and seeds. Set aside half the chile for the salsa base; finely chop the remaining half for finishing the salsa. Wash your hands after handling.
While the salsa base heats and cools, prepare the tortillas.
Crisp the tortillas
While the tortillas crisp, start the mushroom-bean mixture.
Prepare the mushroom-bean mixture
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; separate the mushrooms.
- Rinse the pinto beans.
While the mushrooms and beans cook, make the salsa.
Finish the salsa
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
Scramble the eggs
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Prepare the tortillas for toasting.
- Rinse the beans.