In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom-Gruyère Wagyu burgers with strawberry and watercress salad
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
These luxuriously tender Wagyu burgers are topped with Gruyère cheese and sautéed mushrooms, then sandwiched between buttery brioche for some serious bun on bun action.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- Burger options:
- 2 Wagyu burgers (about 5 ounces each)
- 12 ounces plant-based Impossible Burger
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère
- ½ pound organic strawberries
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 2 brioche buns
Calories 740, Total Fat 53g (68% DV), Sat. Fat 16g (80% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the mushrooms
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly browned and starting to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the thyme and sherry vinaigrette, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the mushrooms are tender, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm. While the mushrooms are cooking, start preparing the burgers.
Cook the burgers
- Cut a small corner from the burger packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. (If using Impossible Burger, season with salt and pepper; using wet hands, form into two [four] ½-inch-thick patties.)
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn the patties, top with the Gruyère, and cook until the Gruyère is melted and the patties are browned, 2 to 4 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the strawberry and watercress salad
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; thinly slice the berries.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress; coarsely chop the watercress.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the strawberries, watercress, and basil and toss to coat.
Toast the buns; assemble the burgers
In the same pan used for the patties, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface. Top each with a burger and mushrooms. Close with the bun tops.
Transfer the burgers and strawberry and watercress salad to individual plates and serve.
- Strip the thyme leaves.
- Time the cooking.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to plates.