In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom muffulettas with olive tapenade and kale chips
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
We’ve made the mighty, meaty New Orleans sandwich into a healthy plant-based treat, with mushrooms and red pepper–cashew crema standing in for the meat and cheese.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pitted Castelvetrano olives
- Sun Basket Italian vinaigrette (EVOO - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 6 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket red pepper–cashew crema (roasted red peppers - cashew butter - garlic - lemon juice - kosher salt)
Calories: 760, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1320mg (55% DV), Carbohydrates: 94g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the kale chips
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; tear or cut the leaves into 2-inch pieces.
While the kale chips bake, prepare the olive tapenade.
Make the olive tapenade
- Finely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
Toast the ciabatta; cook the mushrooms
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; drizzle or brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
In the same pan, warm 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and just starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the muffuletta sandwiches
- Strip and tear the kale leaves.
- Season the kale for baking.
- Stir the olive tapenade.
- Drizzle or brush the ciabatta with oil.
- Build their own sandwiches.