In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom risotto with spinach and Parmesan
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
With fresh mushrooms, Parmesan, and our magic umami powder, this pressure-cooker-friendly risotto comes together much more easily than traditional risotto, but yields just as much rich, cheesy flavor.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Sunbasket umami powder (nutritional yeast - porcini powder)
- 10 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 590, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 10mg (3% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 94g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the risotto
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
Add the umami powder and 4½ cups [6½ cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 13 to 18 minutes, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency. Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms and spinach.
Prep and cook the mushrooms and spinach
- Thinly slice the mushrooms. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish; finish the risotto
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the risotto.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish the risotto.