Mushroom stroganoff with spinach and peas
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
25 – 40 Minutes
Almond milk lends vegan creaminess to this gluten-free stroganoff, complete with mushrooms, spinach, and peas. Who says healthy can’t be delicious?
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free rigatoni
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ½ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 cup almond milk
- Vegan stroganoff blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 2½ ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 cup peas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
To keep the drained noodles from sticking together while cooking the stroganoff, toss them with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
Calories: 490, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 12g (18% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: (almond milk contains trace amounts of added sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.