In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom stroganoff with spinach and peas
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Almond milk lends vegan creaminess to this rich stroganoff, complete with mushrooms, spinach, and peas. Who says healthy can’t be delicious?
In your bag
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 cup almond milk
- Sun Basket vegan mushroom stroganoff blend (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 cup organic peas
Calories: 490, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 12g (18% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rigatoni
Prep the stroganoff ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Start the stroganoff
Add the almond milk mixture and reserved pasta cooking water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
Prep the parsley; finish the stroganoff
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the almond milk and stroganoff blend.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the stroganoff with oil.
- Garnish with the parsley.