In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mushroom-stuffed sole with red pepper–cashew crema
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
A scallion and mushroom stuffing adds big umami to this paleo sole dish. Our red pepper–cashew crema lends richness yet keeps things light.
In your bag
- 7 ounces organic broccoli
- 6 organic scallions
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sun Basket red pepper–cashew crema (roasted red peppers - cashew butter - garlic - lemon juice - kosher salt)
Roasted red peppers are one of those rare ingredients that taste nearly as good from a jar as they do made from scratch. Jarred peppers are typically preserved in a simple brine of water, salt, and citric acid. We love these peppers whole on burgers or sandwiches, coarsely chopped and stirred into pastas and salads, or pureed for spreads or dips—proving they’re as versatile as they are delicious.
Calories: 480, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
While the broccoli cooks, start preparing the stuffing ingredients.
Prep and cook the mushroom stuffing
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
- Finely chop the walnuts.
- Zest the lemon and juice half; set aside the zest for the oregano mixture. Cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
While the mushroom mixture cooks, prepare the sole and the oregano mixture.
Prep the oregano mixture; cook the sole
- Pat the sole dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the stuffing, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the sole and cook, turning once, until opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
Assemble the stuffed sole
Finish the red pepper–cashew crema
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the oregano mixture.
- Stir the red pepper–cashew crema.
- Spoon the crema onto plates.