In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New England baked bean cassoulet with Italian sausage
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Is cassoulet just a fancy name for baked beans? We think so. For our quick version, we season them with Italian sausages, preroasted garlic, and our custom marinara.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 to 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Calories 420, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 1060mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook and rest, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the panko mixture
- Finely chop enough kale to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Set aside the remaining kale for the cassoulet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the panko and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Using a fork or the side of a knife, gently mash the roasted garlic until a paste forms.
- Rinse the white beans.
Finish the cassoulet
Stir in the apple cider vinegar and remaining kale (the kale in batches if needed) and cook until the kale is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the chopped kale.
- Stir the panko and oil.
- Measure the onion.
- Mash the roasted garlic with a fork.
- Rinse the beans.