In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New England baked bean cassoulet with Italian sausage
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Is cassoulet just a fancy name for baked beans? We think so. For our quick version, we season them with Italian sausages, preroasted garlic, and our custom marinara.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 to 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sun Basket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Calories: 420, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 1060mg (44% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook and rest, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the panko mixture
- Finely chop enough kale to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Set aside the remaining kale for the cassoulet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the panko and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Using a fork or the side of a knife, gently mash the roasted garlic until a paste forms.
- Rinse the white beans.
Finish the cassoulet
Stir in the apple cider vinegar and remaining kale (the kale in batches if needed) and cook until the kale is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the chopped kale.
- Stir the panko and oil.
- Measure the onion.
- Mash the roasted garlic with a fork.
- Rinse the beans.