In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New Mexican chicken fajitas with bell pepper and onion
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
For our Southwestern-inspired fajitas, chicken is simmered with our house-made puree of juicy tomatoes, New Mexican chiles, and Mexican oregano. Don’t forget a squeeze of lime!
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket Southwestern salsa (water - tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 6 Mi Rancho Artisan tortillas
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories 620, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 1100mg (48% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the garnishes and heat the tortillas.
Prep the garnishes; warm the tortillas
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Help set out the fajita ingredients.
- Assemble their own fajitas.