In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New Mexican pork chile verde
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
This complex-tasting pork chile verde relies on braised pork and a tomatillo simmer sauce so it comes together in 20 minutes.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket New Mexican spice blend (garlic - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 10 ounces braised pork shoulder
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- Sun Basket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
Calories: 400, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 590mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the light and dark green parts separate. Set aside the dark green parts for garnish.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems and set aside for garnish; coarsely chop the stems.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
Cook the chile verde
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Separate the light and dark green scallions.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Measure the water for the chile verde.
- Garnish with the cilantro and scallions.