New Orleans–style shrimp Creole
20 – 30 Minutes
We bring New Orleans home in this gluten-free seafood dinner, with shrimp simmered in tomatoes and the holy trinity (onion, celery, and green bell pepper).
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Creole spice blend (granulated garlic - dried oregano - dried thyme)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (contains soy)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3 scallions
Because shrimp cook so quickly, it’s easy to overdo it. Luckily, you can readily see when they’re done: Translucent and limp when raw, shrimp curl up to become firm and opaque when heated. The smaller the shrimp, the faster they cook—so watch them closely once they’re tossed into the pot.
Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 15mg (5% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean shellfish, Soybeans