In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New Orleans–style shrimp Creole
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
We bring New Orleans home in this gluten-free seafood dinner, with shrimp simmered in tomatoes and the holy trinity (onion, celery, and green bell pepper).
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 organic green bell pepper
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Sun Basket Creole seasoning (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3 organic scallions
Calories: 470, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 5g (8% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: (Worcestershire contains molasses): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables and cook the shrimp Creole.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
Cook the shrimp Creole
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp and cook until firm and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the shrimp Creole is almost done, prepare the scallion garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the scallions.