In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
New Orleans–style shrimp Creole
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
We bring New Orleans home in this gluten-free seafood dinner, with shrimp simmered in tomatoes and the holy trinity (onion, celery, and green bell pepper).
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 organic green bell pepper
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Sunbasket Creole seasoning (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3 organic scallions
Calories 470, Total Fat 5g (6% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 60g (22% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables and cook the shrimp Creole.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
Cook the shrimp Creole
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp and cook until firm and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the shrimp Creole is almost done, prepare the scallion garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the scallions.