In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Niçoise salad with seared tofu and charred tomato wedges
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Our plant-based take on the classic Niçoise salad, this dish swaps in seared tofu for tuna and keeps the much-loved combo of olives, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and lettuce.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 6 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
Calories: 680, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 50g (77% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 34g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 690mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes and beans
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters and any smaller potatoes in half so all of the pieces are roughly the same size.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
While the water heats and the potatoes and beans cook, prepare the tomato.
Prep and cook the tomato
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato into wedges.
While the tomato cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, garlic-herb blend, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Dress the mixed greens
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Salt the water for the potatoes.
- Pat the tofu dry; season the tofu.
- Dress the mixed greens.
- Assemble the Niçoise salad.