In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Niçoise salad with seared tofu and charred tomato wedges
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Our plant-based take on the classic Niçoise salad, this dish swaps in seared tofu for tuna and keeps the much-loved combo of olives, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and lettuce.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (EVOO - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 6 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
Calories 680, Total Fat 50g (64% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 690mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes and beans
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters and any smaller potatoes in half so all of the pieces are roughly the same size.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
While the water heats and the potatoes and beans cook, prepare the tomato.
Prep and cook the tomato
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato into wedges.
While the tomato cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, garlic-herb blend, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Dress the mixed greens
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Salt the water for the potatoes.
- Pat the tofu dry; season the tofu.
- Dress the mixed greens.
- Assemble the Niçoise salad.