In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Niçoise salad with seared tuna, green beans, and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
This isn’t your everyday Niçoise salad. With roasted sweet potatoes plus wild-caught yellowfin tuna coated in freshly cracked cumin and coriander seeds, it’s next-level delicious.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild yellowfin tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories 600, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 205mg (68% DV), Sodium 790mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the green beans and eggs.
Cook the green beans and eggs
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
Bring a medium sauce pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander and rinse under cold water.
Return the water to a boil. Fill a small bowl with ice water.
Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 5 minutes for runny yolks (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 4 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the beans and eggs are cooking, prepare the seafood.
Crush the spices; sear the seafood
- On a cutting board, using a small pot or bowl or a rolling pin, lightly crush the cumin seeds and coriander seeds; transfer to a plate. Season generously with pepper.
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel (if using scallops, rinse and drain, then pat dry); season with salt. Press the seafood into the cumin and coriander seeds, coating both sides.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tuna and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 30 seconds per side for rare, about 1 minute per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate.
While the seafood is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients; toss the mixed greens
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinaigrette base, dill, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss together the mixed greens and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving).
Transfer the mixed greens to individual plates. Arrange the seafood, sweet potato, green beans, olives, and eggs in small piles on top of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and season.
- Time the green beans and eggs.
- Crush the cumin and coriander seeds.
- Stir the sherry vinaigrette.
- Help assemble the plates.