In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Normandy pork stew with white beans
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Warm up late summer evenings with this comforting stew inspired by a rustic inn in Normandy. Oh--and it’s pressure-cooker-friendly!
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 490, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 39g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; coarsely chop the carrot.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; coarsely chop the fennel.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the pork; finish the stew
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; cut the pork into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Add the chicken broth, beans, 1 cup [2 cups] water, and as many chile flakes as you like, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the liquid starts to thicken, about 15 minutes. Add the vegetables, cover, and cook until the pork is tender and cooked through and the vegetables are warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.