In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
North African black lentil pitas with tangy carrot-cranberry salad
Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
In this vegetarian meal, lentils carry the mild heat and wonderful fragrance of harissa, a North African spice blend featuring sun-dried red peppers, coriander, and cumin.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 cup cooked black lentils
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 5 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Sun Basket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 2 Atoria's Family Bakery Pitas
Calories: 710, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 21g (84% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 500mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 88g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 29g, Added Sugars: 17g (34% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion
- Peel the onion and thinly slice half; finely chop the remaining half and set aside for the lentils. [Peel both onions. Thinly slice 1 onion and finely chop the remaining onion.]
Cook the lentils
- Rinse the lentils.
While the onion and lentils cook, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Make the carrot-cranberry salad; finish the yogurt
In another medium bowl, stir together the garlic yogurt and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the mint; warm the pita breads
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
For whole pitas with toppings:
Spread the garlic yogurt over the pitas and top with the lentils, carrot-cranberry salad, mint, and as much pickled onion as you like.
For stuffed pitas:
Cut the pitas in half and transfer to individual plates. Fill the half-pitas with the lentils, carrot-cranberry salad, mint, and as much garlic yogurt and pickled onion as you like.
Serve any remaining yogurt and onion on the side.
- Rinse the lentils.
- Assemble the carrot-cranberry salad.
- Stir the garlic yogurt.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Help assemble the pitas.