In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
North African lamb flatbreads with cabbage and garlic yogurt
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
Because we weren’t shy with the toppings on these personal flatbread pizzas, you may want to enjoy them with a knife and fork.
In your bag
- 2 whole grain flatbreads
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sunbasket North African spice blend (fennel seeds - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin - coriander)
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories 820, Total Fat 43g (66% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 510mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 70g (23% DV), Fiber 10g (40% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the flatbreads
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], place the flatbreads side by side and brush the tops lightly with oil. Bake until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
While the flatbreads toast, start preparing the lamb.
Prep and cook the lamb
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup]; set aside for topping the flatbreads. Coarsely chop the remaining onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the lamb cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the flatbreads
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic yogurt and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the garlic yogurt and oil.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.