In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
North African–style tofu tagine with kale and toasted naan
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Our plant-based Moroccan-inspired stew is a fast but full-flavored and warming meal for a busy evening.
In your bag
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket tagine spice blend (coriander - sweet paprika - cumin - Aleppo chile flakes - ground ginger)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 whole grain naan
Calories: 450, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 11g (17% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 54g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: (naan contains added sugar): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the tagine ingredients
- Crumble or cut the tofu into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
Cook the tagine
Stir in the kale and tagine spice blend and cook until fragrant and the kale begins to wilt, about 1 minute. Add the roasted red peppers, vegetable broth, and tomato base, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the tagine cooks, prepare the cilantro and heat the naan.
Prep the cilantro; warm the naan
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the cilantro.