Oaxacan chicken mole coloradito
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
Traditional Oaxacan mole takes hours, sometimes days, to bring to the table. In this gluten- and dairy-free version, it takes less than an hour thanks to our rich and velvety Sun Basket mole kit.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1½ ounces Mexican chocolate (contains trace amounts of almonds - coconut - hazelnuts - pecans)
- Sun Basket mole coloradito blend (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - fresh garlic - toasted sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - cinnamon - cloves - allspice)
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Flavored with one or more spices and more coarsely textured than its European and U.S. counterparts, Mexican chocolate dates back to the Mayans and Aztecs, who are thought to have added spices and herbs such as vanilla and chile to cover up the bitter taste of the cacao beans. It’s the backbone of Mexican hot chocolate and a key player in many mole sauces like this one.
Calories: 670, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.