In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Oaxacan chicken mole coloradito
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Traditional Oaxacan mole takes hours, sometimes days, to bring to the table. In this gluten- and dairy-free version, it takes less than an hour thanks to our rich and velvety Sunbasket mole kit.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- Sunbasket mole coloradito base (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - tomato paste - fresh garlic - sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - allspice - cloves)
- Sunbasket mole seasoning (sugar - cocoa powder - cinnamon)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 600, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 11g Added Sugars, 22% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prepare the mole coloradito
Prep and sear the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the onion.
Prep the onion; finish the chicken mole coloradito
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
When the chicken mole coloradito is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the cilantro.