Oaxacan chicken mole tacos with lime yogurt
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Traditional mole sauce takes hours to make, but you can have these chicken tacos on the table in 15 minutes, thanks to our house-made spice blend.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sun Basket mole poblano blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 to 6 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
Make It Ahead
The chicken mole (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the chicken mole, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, as you proceed with Steps 2 and 3.
Calories: 520, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 240mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.