Oaxacan chicken mole tacos with lime yogurt
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
Traditional mole sauce takes hours to make, but you can have these chicken tacos on the table in 20 minutes, thanks to our house-made spice blend.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sun Basket mole poblano blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - coconut sugar - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 to 6 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make It Ahead
The chicken mole (Step 1) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the chicken mole, adding 1 tablespoon water as needed to loosen it, as you proceed with Steps 2 and 3.
Calories: 570, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: (coconut sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.