In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Oaxacan chicken mole tostadas with summer squash
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
Our custom mole spice blend and chicken create a mouthwatering mixture for topping quick tostadas, finished with a subtly sweet squash–Asian pear topping.
In your bag
- 1¼ ounces Mexican chocolate (contains trace amounts of almonds - coconut - hazelnuts - pecans)
- Sunbasket mole coloradito blend (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - fresh garlic - sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - cinnamon - cloves - allspice)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 organic Asian pear
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ½ cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
Calories: 850, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 28g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 29g, Added Sugars: (chocolate contains organic cane sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the mole coloradito–chocolate mixture
- Finely chop the chocolate.
Crisp the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
While the tortillas crisp, prepare the zucchini and pear.
Prep and cook the zucchini-pear topping
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel the Asian pear, if desired. Cut the pear into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ¼-inch cubes.
While the zucchini and pear cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro; finish the dish
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Count the tortillas.
- Measure the water for the mole.
- Transfer the tortillas to plates.
- Garnish with the yogurt and cilantro.