In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Okinawa flaked tuna and egg stir-fry with arugula-mango salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the Okinawan dish ninjin shirishiri, this fish stir-fry is one of our favorites.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skinless Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic eggs
- 5 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 organic mango
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket Asian dressing (fish sauce - sherry vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories 450, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 210mg (70% DV), Sodium 850mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 26g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fish
Bring a medium sauce pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the fish, making sure the pieces are covered with water and separated. Reduce to a simmer and cook until opaque and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the fish to a plate to cool slightly, then using a fork, flake the fish into 1-inch pieces (discarding the snapper skin if desired). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, start the stir-fry.
Cook the stir-fry
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
While the stir-fry cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the arugula-mango salad
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Fill a medium sauce pot with water.
- Flake the fish.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds.