In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Okonomiyaki savory pancakes with sesame kale chips
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Meaning “how you like it,” this savory Japanese pancake gets Sun Basketized with a touch of barbecue sweetness from our tonkatsu glaze and is served with crispy kale chips.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 5 ounces soba noodles
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 organic eggs
- Sun Basket okonomiyaki flour blend (rice flour - all-purpose flour - cornstarch - brown sugar - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- Sun Basket tonkatsu glaze (ketchup - vegan Worcestershire - maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons paleo mayo
Calories: 730, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 325mg (108% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 92g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 7g (14% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the kale chips
Bring a medium sauce pot of water to a boil for the soba noodles.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; tear or cut the leaves into 2-inch pieces.
While the kale chips bake, prepare the soba noodles.
Cook the soba noodles
While the soba noodles cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the batter
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Cook the okonomiyaki
- Strip and tear the kale leaves.
- Toss the kale with oil and seasonings.
- Massage the cabbage.
- Brush the tonkatsu glaze; drizzle the mayo.
- Garnish the okonomiyaki.