In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange chicken and vegetable stir-fry with jasmine rice
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
We lightened and brightened a take-out favorite with our signature Sunbasket orange glaze and a rainbow of fresh vegetables.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket orange glaze base (fresh orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 690, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 96g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 30g, Added Sugars: (honey): 14g (28% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into 1-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
Sear the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips, then cut the strips crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the orange glaze.
Make the orange glaze
Finish the stir-fry
Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the orange glaze and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the carrot.