Orange-chipotle pork chops with apple slaw and roasted sweet potato
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
30 – 40 Minutes
Whoever said paleo is just meat and sweet potatoes has never tried our orange-chipotle pork chops and lime- and cilantro-brightened apple slaw (okay, there is a sweet potato…).
In your bag
- 1 sweet potato
- Chipotle spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - ground chipotle)
- 1 lime
- 1 apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ pound shredded Savoy cabbage
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - fresh ginger - fresh garlic)
When glazing the pork in Step 3, if you don’t have a brush, just spoon on the glaze and spread it with the back of the spoon. Whichever tool you use, try to keep the pork in the same place as you turn it in the pan to avoid spreading the glaze and burning it.
Roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Set aside half the chipotle spice blend for the pork.
While the sweet potato roasts, prepare the apple slaw and the pork.
Make the apple slaw
- Juice the lime.
- Peel the apple, if desired. Cut the fruit lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; rub the pork on both sides with the remaining chipotle spice blend and season generously with salt and pepper.
Calories: 720, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 38g, Added Sugars: (Honey): 12g (24% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.