Orange chipotle–glazed pork with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Orange chipotle–glazed pork with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato

Orange chipotle–glazed pork with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving

30–45 Minutes

What’s sunshine without a little heat? For the perfect balance of flavors, we glaze pork loin chops with bright orange juice and mildly spicy chipotle chile powder. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 1 organic sweet potato
  • ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
  • 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
  • 3 organic scallions
  • Sunbasket slaw dressing base (apple cider vinegar - honey)
  • ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
  • 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
  • 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
  • Sunbasket orange chipotle glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger - chipotle chile powder)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 550, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 47g (17% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 10g Added Sugars, 20% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Sesame (sesame)

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep and roast the sweet potato

Heat the oven to 400°F.

  • Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.

On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], drizzle the sweet potato with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and the sweet smoked paprika and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until the potato is tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.


Make the coleslaw

  • Peel the apple, if desired; core and thinly slice.
  • Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.

In a medium bowl, stir together the slaw dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the apple, scallions, cabbage, and carrots and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 


Prep and cook the pork

  • Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper. 

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Brush with the orange chipotle glaze, turn the pork over, and brush with more glaze. Continue to cook, turning frequently and occasionally brushing with more glaze, until the pork is browned but still faintly pink within, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.


Transfer the pork, sweet potato, and coleslaw to individual plates and serve. 

Kids Can!
  • Toss the sweet potato with oil and seasonings.
  • Stir the slaw dressing base and oil.
  • Assemble the coleslaw.
  • Time the cooking.