In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange chipotle–glazed pork with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato
Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Whoever said paleo is just meat and sweet potatoes has never tried our orange-chipotle pork chops and apple-cabbage coleslaw (okay, there is a sweet potato…).
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket slaw dressing base (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket orange chipotle glaze (fresh orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - chipotle chile powder)
Calories: 580, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 11g (22% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the sweet potato roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the coleslaw
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and thinly slice.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sweet potato with oil and seasonings.
- Stir the slaw dressing base and oil.
- Assemble the coleslaw.
The portions were generous, and the pork was awesome. — Sun Basket customer Brad R.