Orange chipotle–glazed pork with coleslaw and roasted sweet potato
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
30 – 45 Minutes
Whoever said paleo is just meat and sweet potatoes has never tried our orange-chipotle pork chops and lime- and cilantro-brightened coleslaw (okay, there is a sweet potato…).
In your bag
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 1 apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ pound shredded green cabbage (such as Savoy)
- 3 ounces shredded carrots (see Market Watch note)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - chipotle powder)
When glazing the pork in Step 3, if you don’t have a brush, just spoon on the glaze and spread it with the back of the spoon. Whichever tool you use, try to keep the pork in the same place as you turn it in the pan to avoid spreading the glaze so it burns on the pan bottom.
Because organic shredded carrots can be in short supply, you may get organic whole carrots or broccoli slaw in your bag in their place. If whole carrots, trim the ends, peel, and use the coarse holes of a box grater to coarsely grate. If broccoli slaw, follow the instructions as written for the shredded carrots.
Calories: 700, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 39g, Added Sugars: (Honey): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.