In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange-glazed chicken with broccoli rabe, carrots, and dates
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
With broccoli rabe, dates, preserved lemons, and walnuts, this fast, elegant chicken dish masterfully combines sweet, salty, and pleasantly bitter flavors to create a meal that’s fit for company.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¾ pound organic broccoli rabe
- 2 organic carrots
- 2 Medjool dates (with pits)
- 2 wedges preserved lemon
- ¼ cup walnuts
Calories 540, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 570mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 48g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the arrowroot powder and orange juice to form a slurry.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the broccoli rabe mixture.
Prep and cook the broccoli rabe mixture
- Trim the root ends from the broccoli rabe; cut the broccoli rabe in half crosswise.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; thinly slice the carrots on the diagonal.
- Pull the dates away from their pits; coarsely chop the dates.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
Remove from the heat, stir in the dates, preserved lemon, and walnuts, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the arrowroot slurry.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Pull the dates away from their pits.
- Add the dates, preserved lemon, and walnuts to the broccoli rabe mixture.