In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange-glazed pork and bok choy slaw over cauliflower “rice”
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
This one-pan paleo dinner will inspire you to throw away your take-out menus. Fluffy cauliflower “rice” makes the perfect base for juicy pork and a bok choy and apple slaw.
In your bag
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts
- Sunbasket sweet stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - cashew butter - dried plums - molasses - sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories 510, Total Fat 23g (29% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 350mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and marinate the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips; season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pork and orange glaze. Let stand while you prepare the cauliflower “rice” and slaw.
Prep and cook the cauliflower “rice”
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
Add the cauliflower “rice,” season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes [4 to 6 min]. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, start the slaw.
Make the bok choy slaw
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-wide pieces.
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into matchsticks.
- Measure 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] apple cider vinegar; save the rest for another use.
Prep the garnish; cook the pork
- Coarsely chop the water chestnuts for garnish.
- Time the cauliflower rice.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Top the dish with the stir-fry blend and water chestnuts.