In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange-glazed salmon with root vegetables and cashew-beet smear
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This easy sheet pan meal of roasted salmon and root veggies cooks in the oven while you prepare a simple watercress side salad. Done and yum!
In your bag
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic rutabaga
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 wild Pacific skin-on king salmon fillet (about 10 ounces)
- Sun Basket creamy orange glaze (paleo mayo - orange juice - lemon juice - scallions)
- 1 bunch organic watercress
- Sun Basket cashew-beet smear (cashews - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - water - dried plums - beet powder - garlic - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
Calories: 540, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and start roasting the vegetables
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root end from the rutabaga; peel and cut the rutabaga into ½-inch pieces.
On a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the carrots and rutabaga with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables start to soften and brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the fish.
Prep the fish; finish roasting the ingredients
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using king salmon, cut in half crosswise); season generously with salt and pepper.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven, stir the vegetables, and spread in an even layer on one end of the sheet pan [on the entire sheet pan]. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], place the fish (skin side down for the skin-on salmon) and spread the creamy orange glaze over the fish.
Return to the oven and roast until the carrots and rutabaga are tender and caramelized and the fish is opaque and flaky, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the watercress salad; finish the cashew-beet smear
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
In a medium bowl, toss the watercress with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the cashew-beet smear, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water, and as much Urfa chile as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the watercress salad to individual plates and top with the fish. Spread half the cashew-beet smear on each plate, place the carrots and rutabaga on top, and serve.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Toss the carrots and rutabaga with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the watercress salad.
- Garnish with the watercress salad.