In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange-glazed tofu with bell peppers, broccoli, and jasmine rice
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
4 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
In this vegetarian riff on a take-out favorite, our house-made orange glaze is naturally sweetened with honey and a healthy squeeze of fresh orange juice.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ¾ pound edamame in pods
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ½ pound broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- 1 orange
- Sun Basket orange glaze base (fresh ginger - fresh garlic - honey - tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- ¼ pound shredded red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 450mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 110g (37% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars (Orange glaze contains honey): 8g (16% DV).
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the edamame and start the stir-fry.
Cook the edamame
Prep the stir-fry ingredients; cook the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
- Set aside 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder for the orange glaze.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim off any coarse stems.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
In the same pan used for the edamame, warm 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Do not clean the pan.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the orange glaze.
Make the orange glaze
- Zest and juice the orange, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Cook the stir-fry
Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the orange glaze, bring to a boil, and cook until just thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the tofu and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure out the arrowroot powder.
- Toss the tofu in the arrowroot powder.
- Stir together the glaze.
- Serve the meal.