In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange turkey stir-fry with asparagus over black rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Tangy and sweet, our house-made sweet sesame stir-fry blend helps transform ground turkey into a lean-and-clean spin on orange chicken.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket sweet sesame stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 590, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch lengths.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Add the turkey and any accumulated juices, carrots, and orange and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Garnish with the cilantro.