In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orange turkey stir-fry with asparagus over black rice
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Tangy and sweet, our house-made sweet sesame stir-fry blend helps transform ground turkey into a lean-and-clean spin on orange chicken.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket sweet sesame stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 590, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch lengths.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Add the turkey and any accumulated juices, carrots, and orange and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Garnish with the cilantro.