In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Orecchiette with asparagus, crisp prosciutto, and ricotta salata
Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Briny black olives, prosciutto, and ricotta salata lend salty goodness to spring vegetables, tossed with ear-shaped pasta to create a comforting Italian-inspired dish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 10 ounces asparagus
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 2 ounces pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ⅓ cup peas
- 2 ounces ricotta salata
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 1320mg (55% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the prosciutto and start the sauce.
Cook the prosciutto
- Coarsely chop the prosciutto.
While the prosciutto cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the sauce; finish the pasta
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus; cut the asparagus on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Coarsely chop the olives.
Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, prosciutto, and orecchiette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Crumble the ricotta salata.